My friends are amazing people. I am continuously reminded of that. They are smart, fun, caring, hilarious, inventive, inspiring and generally lovely people. What awes me the most is their diversity. Each one offers something another doesn't, and each of my friends will prove to make this world a better place by being true to themselves, those around them and the universe. They already do by going out in the world and trying at something no matter what it is.
To try is one of the greatest lessons we can learn and practice. Everyday of my life I will try at something. Whether I succeed beyond my wildest dreams or fail miserably, I refuse to sit around and wait.
I believe in the universe. I believe this world is a circle and what you put into it, you will receive in other ways as the circle completes itself. The universe will take care of you if you take care of it.
It's so much more than global warming. For me, it's understanding what this world consists of is miraculous. We as humans are apart of the divinity. Even though we can be destructive, self-absorbed and arrogant, we can conquer these faults by embracing them, owning them and finally mastering them. We have the responsibility to take care of each other, no matter what part of the planet we come from.
This is my goal in 2009. In the circle that makes up the universe, I will put help and hope and the positive energy to make them both successful. I have no idea how the circle will complete itself because of my actions, and I do not intend to wait in vain. I do know, however, I must try to do as much as I can to give back to the universe all the wonder it has given me in my short 23 years.

No comments:
Post a Comment