To know yourself as one person by yourself and as another with someone else. Life is not a journey meant for one.
It's a fake, a facade, the way it works is you fake it till you make it. Whether you're buy yourself or lucky enough to get text messages.
It's funny to me how technology really changes things. A modern story filled with modern things. When people look back on this time in history... I think about history books elementary and middle school kids are reading. I remember reading a history/social studies book in 7th grade that had a picture of Bill Clinton beating George Bush in 1992 and discussing his second term in office. I remember thinking how cool it was to read such an up-to-date book. I wonder what history books say now about our time. The War? Bush W.? The influence of iPhone? Is Barack Obama in standard modern history books as the first black candidate? heck yes he is. We live in a post-modern world. What is hip today doesn't stand a chance tomorrow.
My boss, she knows exactly who she's voting for "and he better win or I just.... "(she couldn't finish her sentence). She is an immigrant from Greece in her mid 70s. She is voting for John McCain. I have no idea why.
The problem I see with most people is not that they are uneducated or do not want to know what's happening in our world. It is that they fear change so deeply. They wake up and drink coffee and eat their multi-grain bagel (because wheat is healthier than white) go to work, come home, eat dinner with the family, sleep, repeat. Everyday the same things annoy and make them angry, not because it actually annoys them or makes them angry EVERYDAY, but because one day it did, and now they are creatures of habit. One day something pissed them off and so everyday after that they have to pissed at that same thing.
How exhausting.
This is what I see in my boss and her daughter. Fear of Change. It's much deeper then eating the same breakfast everyday.

No comments:
Post a Comment